Posted by Amira Fayed on 2:54 PM with No comments
3/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup lime juice
1/4 cup orange juice
2 Tbsp each minced garlic and jalapeño pepper
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
12 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 3 1/2 lb; we used Perdue Perfect Portions)
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
chopped cilantro, lime and orange wedges
1. Combine oil, lime juice, orange juice, garlic, jalapeño pepper and salt in a medium bowl. Transfer 1 cup lime juice mixture and the sugar to a 2-gallon ziptop freezer bag; seal bag and turn a few times to mix. Add chicken breasts; turn to coat chicken. Refrigerate overnight, occasionally turning bag. Reserve remaining lime juice mixture (about 2/3 cup).
2. Brush grill with oil or coat with nonstick grilling spray. Heat outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium-high heat.
3. Put reserved lime juice mixture and cilantro in blender. Blend until smooth.
4. Remove chicken breasts from bag (discard liquid in bag). Grill chicken 5 to 6 minutes, turning once, until nicely browned and cooked through.
5. Place chicken on a platter. Garnish with chopped cilantro and fruit if desired. Serve hot or at room temperature with cilantro sauce
Chicken breasts can be grilled a day ahead; bring them to room temperature before serving. Blend cilantro sauce the day of serving, otherwise sauce will discolor
Categories: Main meals